Victor Hugo combatted some of the biggest social problems of his day with his pen, and his powerful words still resound today. Here are ten quotes from the pen of Victor Hugo. Tune in next week for another ten.
- Those who do not weep, do not see.
- It is on December nights, with the thermometer at zero, that we most think of the sun.
- The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved — loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
- Love is the foolishness of men, and the wisdom of God.
- Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.
- A character, as well as a rock, may have holes worn into it by drops of water.
- People are ignorant of things they ought to know, and know things of which they ought to be ignorant.
- To love another person is…
View original post 39 more words