A blogger posted this coffee quiz; and though I am not one to do anything because I’m told to or anything in chain letter fashion, I must do this one because . . . well. it’s COFFEE! 🙂
1) How many cups of coffee per day? I have at least one, but have been known to drink the whole pot, the whole pot, did you hear me, the whole pot!!!! I am not agitated just because my eyes are twitching and my fingers won’t stop typing!
2) What is your favourite caffeine delivery system? Coffee–liquid kind, hot or cold. I know folks say Starbucks is burnt, but I love it. I also love other quaint little shops with flavorful blends. Except of course when they don’t rinse the pot after cleaning; then, it tastes like vinegary soap. You might surmise that it just conjecture. Not!
My own free Gevalia pot brews a mean cup of organic fair trade coffee, most often from Trader Joes.
3) What was your best cup of coffee? My grandma and grandpa always had coffee brewed in a percolator, and that was the best coffee I’ve ever tasted or smelled. (We only had instant.) I thought perhaps it was nostalgia only, but a friend brewed me a cup with her percolator, and it was awesome! It is on my “someday” wish list on Amazon.
4) What was your worst cup of coffee? Any trip to Denneys produces the worst cup of coffee! Other than the cleaning residue one, of course.
5) What does your favourite mug say? My mugs don’t say anything. If they ever talked, I would be concerned. As far as decor: I gravitate toward clear mugs.
6) How do you take your coffee? At Starbucks et al, I am so in a rut: hot vanilla latte–venti. Every now and then, I get adventuresome and get an extra shot of espresso and maybe a shot of toffee nut.
7) When was your first cup? I’m not sure when my first whole cup was, but I have fond memories of my dad giving me teaspoonfuls of Maxwell House. It tasted best because it was kind of a no-no and it was my dad’s.
8) Have you ever gone on a coffee date? My girl friends and I go to coffee regularly. I would never go on a coffee “date” with hubby because he hates coffee and would think I was seeking revenge for something!
My world would be a sadder place without coffee, though I might sleep better! Excuse me, I need a cup!